Saturday, June 09, 2018

My Machine

First I want to start off with a little info on my machine and what I use. My embroidery machine is a Brother SE400, which is a embroidery sewing machine combo. So it has the ability to switch back and forth to do both. I only use for embroidery and I have another Brother machine I use only for sewing. Now my embroidery machine is currently in the repair shop, cue the sad music please. I do hope to have it back soon. Below is what my machine looks like.  
This machine has a max hoop size of 4inch by 4 inch. As you can clearly see above. Seems small but I was looking for a affordable beginner option, something simple to learn on. Now the great part of this machine is it does come with 5 built in fonts and 70 designs. That comes in very handy.  The best part of embroidery is the HUGE variety of designers out there! There are so many places to buy designs and get FREE designs. Brother machines use .PES file types, which each brand has different file types for the most part.
Now I don't claim to be an expert by any means and I am still learning every day new things. A lot of what I learn is from the awesome Facebook groups I am in and from YouTube videos posted by people who seriously know what they are doing.
I use the deign software PE Design 10, which is a Brother design software. I love how easy it is to use and learn to use. If I ever get stuck I just look up a YouTube tutorial and I am set.
Before I went much further into my adventures and stuff I wanted to explain my basic equipment I am using.

No comments: