Friday, July 29, 2011

New House

I am happy to announce I am officially a home owner! We went over today to start working on the place. The previous owners left a lot of their stuff and trash in the house. So we have a lot of work to get done before we move in. We removed all the trash and furniture from the house today. That was horrible to endure because of the heat. Outside is was over 80 degrees and inside at was way over 90 degrees. Chris, Jeremy, Mickey, and I endured the heat and got the first part of the process done.
While cleaning we discovered some defects in the house. First off the floor in the kitchen will need to be replaced due to water damage. Second there is a hole in the bathroom floor that will need repaired as well. These repairs are doable and I'm not too stressed over it. The worst problem the place has that I am ashamed to admit, will be much harder to fix. While cleaning out kitchen drawers I discovered a infestation of roaches. Dirty discusting creatures! We got out everything we did not want to keep and right before we left I had Chris set off four bug bombs. I also went around the whole house laying down boric acid to help kill them. We will go back tomorrow and continue our cleaning from there. We plan at least one more round of bombing and I plan to research some natural solutions to get rid of them to use under the trailer. Our neighborhood has a very large amount of cats and I don't want to accidently kill one while trying to wipe out roaches.
Even with these issues I am very happy to own the place. Considering we only paid $800 for the trailer the problems are very minor! It has three bedrooms and one very large bathroom. It came with a washer and dryer, stove and side by side fridge as well. There is a grill out back and the shed has a fooseball table in it! Oh, and we also got a 72 inch TV. We haven't gotten to test it yet, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.
We have already been discussing plans to remodel it a little more to fit our needs. We need to add a small hallway so the two additional bedrooms have more privacy and the add a wall and a door so I have a additional closet in my room. Then lots of paint.
Very happy and excited about everything that is happening!

No comments: