Monday, November 04, 2013

Dogs and Kids

Before ever having a baby we had dogs. I have probably had dogs my entire life. Right now we have three wonderful little dogs that complete our family. Our oldest is Coco, she is 6 years old, and a chihuahua. The second is Cami, she is roughly 4 years old, and is a chihuahua. Then there is her son Furby and is only a year old, and he is also a chihuahua. We did have Quin a 4 year old Chihuahua for a while, but I sent him home with a friend. In our house the dogs are our other children and are included in a lot of things we do together. Our dog Furby has really bonded with our 4 month old son and constantly is checking on him to see if he is okay. I think animals look out for us like we do them. Here is a story of how a dog alerted parents of the babysitter abusing their baby. 


The pitbull was also known as the nanny dog, and was well trusted with children for supervision. You can read more about that here. I think dogs really can understand our wants and needs, and can know when we are in danger. I think they make amazing therapy dogs.


Coco has been in my life for many years, and has helped me with my anxiety and depression and helped keep me positive. How can you not smile when every time you walk in the door a small dog is over joyed to see you!


I really hope my son can enjoy this same bond with our animals. Also I think being around smaller creatures helps him to learn empathy for them, and then as he gets older he will learn to help with them as well. We all help take care of each other.


Furby has always been Justins dog, but since Aries has come along he has really bonded with him and worries about him a lot. I read here that they tend to bond to one person. Cami and Coco are really mine, and Cami likes to cuddle with Jeremy pretty often. Then Furby is Justins baby. Justin walks him and spoils him a lot.


With Aries being so much like Justin, I guess it only make since he watches over his favorite mini human. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this was a good story