Saturday, May 09, 2009

I just finished watching Seven Pounds with Justin. I enjoyed it more toward the end (where I cried my eyes out). The entire movie is a major clueless mystery, until you get to about the last 15 to 20 minutes of it. Then it all comes together in a amazing sense of heart wrenching loss and giving all at once. During the entire movie, I really didn't like it, but once the end came, I loved it. I really believe that one person can make a difference in the world. They don't have to die to do it like he did in the movie, there are so many things.
In a way this really hit close to home. The woman in the movie is dieing from a bad heart, and almost my entire family is suffering from a disease that they may not be able to afford to live with. That's why I am doing what I can to help them raise money to help pay for their medical expenses so they can live full healthy lives. My mom has started a fundraiser call Phoneraiser. Basically all they have to do is gather used ink cartridges and old cell phones. We can mail them into this company which will then recycle them, and pay us. All the money my mom makes will go toward paying for their medical treatment. My mom also sells homemade baked goods. We are having a bake sale at Clothing Without Walls on May 16th, 9:30am-12:30pm.

No comments: