Saturday, November 06, 2010

Dreams

Have you ever stopped and wondered about the meaning of dreams. Dreams can mean so much on so many levels. I have had dreams with the simple explanation of my mind creatively combined things I had seen and thought about during that day. On the other hand I have had dreams with a almost prophetic effect to them. In a metaphoric way I dreamt about the exact moment of my future break up with a boyfriend, the death of a relative, and one dream that was a exact dajavu of what happen when I awoke. I personally own several books that interpret dreams and their meanings. Sometimes I feel these match, other times, it just doesn't seem to click. Often in my dreams I have issues with clothing. Now I am not naked in the dream, but usually I am missing a piece of clothing, or what I am wearing is far too small, but yet no one else tend to notice. I found a interesting meaning at www.dreammoods.com which suggest that if you change your clothes (which happens often) represents a need for change. Also if your clothes fit too tightly it can mean you feel restricted. If your clothes are torn or ripped in the dream it can mean you are unprepared for a task ahead. Which to be honest all of these have a meaning in my life. One of the dreams that stays with me are the dreams of children. I have had two separate dreams of having a baby boy. Anyone who knows me knows I am so ready to have a baby and start a family. The weird thing is I really want a girl. In my dream though I am often holding a infant boy, and it feels as real as the air I am breathing. Now my last dream I came into the room, the baby was crying, and I picked him up and it comforted him. According to the website a crying baby means a part of yourself is deprived of attention and needs to be nurtured. Since I comfort the baby in my dream and all seems well, does that mean I corrected the problem in life? All in all I consider myself to be a lucky person because I rarely ever have bad dreams, although I do have those ones that get your heart racing. That's my thoughts for the night :)

1 comment:

Marcia Dreams said...

It's interesting that you dream about clothes that are too tight and you want to have a baby because if you became pregnant, your clothes really would be too tight. Also, when you are a child growing up, your clothes get too tight as you are growing and you need to keep wearing new sizes. Having a baby is like "growing up" - moving to a new stage in your life where you have to hold more responsibility.