Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Aries

So since my son was born I have gotten a lot of questions about his name. I guess I assumed the names meaning was more well known. So I am going to explain it a bit more here.
Aries is the Greek God of War. The name is spelled several ways, the primary ones being Ares, Aris, and Aries. You see which one I prefer. From what is read here it says the Aries was the son of Zeus and Hera. It also states he is the god of war, and his animal is the dog.

Now bringing up the spelling again, after a little research I found out that the spelling I chose goes more along with the sign of Aries the Ram. Which I named him more after Ares the God. Also, although his name is Aries, he is actually a Scorpio, and I myself am a Gemini.

Aries from mythology had several lovers and children. These family ties can be seen here. 
I know this is short, but I hope it can give you a better understanding of my sons unique name!

No comments: