Sunday, January 05, 2014

What We Look For in a Home

So in December we got approved for a home loan and have been house shopping. Now we have put a offer down on a home and are currently working toward getting it. I wanted to share what exactly my family looks for in their perfect home and why. What does our home need?

1. Three or more bedrooms, with the potential to add more. We have Justin and I, Jeremy, and Aries currently. I am hoping to have a daughter eventually, and her to have her own room as well.
2. Parking for at least 3 or more cars at once. Actually this needs to be parking for 5 or more cars at once. We currently own 3 cars, and I want to buy a RV in the future. Also when Kim comes to visit she will need a place to park.
3.MUST be off street parking. My van was totaled while parked on the street. So no street parking.
4. Has to have a decently large back yard. Has to have room for a swing set for Aries, a trampoline, a 12x12 garden space, and a area to grill.
5. The yard must be able to be fenced in. I want to be able to have a safe environment for my son and dogs.
6. A front yard is required. I don't want to live in a house basically right up against the street. The noise is awful. I would like to be able to hold a yard sale in the front yard as well.
7. The kitchen must be open and large. I own a lot of cooking tools, such as toaster oven, coffee maker, 3 different steamers, two crock pots, and tons of other items. Plus I believe in stocking and stock up food. I also have a full size stand up freezer and chest freezer.
8. The bathroom has to have a lot of storage for towels, soaps and etc, or there must be another place to store these items, like a linen closet.
9. There must be two bathrooms, or at least two toilets. There is nothing more horrible then someone have to take a poop while you are in the shower. It ruins it.
10. Must have a barn or garage for us to store our outdoor tools and items. It must also be big enough to pull in one car so we can work on them at home.
11. The house must have an area besides the living room for me to store my crafts. I have a lot and they need their own area.

No comments: