Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Being a Parent

I swore before I got pregnant that being a parent wouldn't change my life. I wouldn't let it effect what I did, where I went, and who I was as a person.

I was wrong.

The minute he was born my entire life changed. I didn't see life in the same colors any more. My world no longer revolved around me and my wants or needs.  I no longer care if I eat, or shower, as long as he eats, and is clean, happy, and safe. My first thought and consideration before I do anything is the effect it will have on him. My son is my whole world and I wouldn't have it any other way. Sometimes I get a little bummed because I can't do certain things, but in the end it is worth it to keep him safe and happy.

Some times I wonder if I will ever look at my son and not be amazed by his mere existence. I never thought I could care for and love some one so much. His every smile and movement is amazing to me. My body is tore up, and the pregnancy was the most uncomfortable time of my life. If I had to do it all over again, for him I would in a heart beat.

Will the amazing feeling of being a mom ever wear off? I really hope not. Becoming a mom is the greatest thing I have ever done. I can't wait to see where this road leads me.

No comments: