Wednesday, December 04, 2013

December is Here!


December hasn't always been a great time of year for me. Growing up it was pretty magical, since my mom went all out for Christmas and decorated like it was going out of style. We woke up to cranked up holiday tunes and mom decorating the house like it was the last Christmas ever.  Then once I hit my late teens things kinda fell apart and then most of my adulthood it was kinda a hit or miss each year. The last four years with Justin have been pretty great, rich or poor. This year though has a magical touch that no other year has had.
Aries.
Having a child to celebrate the holiday for makes it ten times more important and magical. We are decorating so much more, shopping more, and just all around getting into the season more. Will he remember this year? Nope. But we will. We will remember every smile and giggle. We will remember how much he loved the lights and the wrapping paper. I am more excited to see him open his gifts then I am to even open mine this year. I want to buy him a million things, but have kept the number a little lower.
This will be a December I will never forget. That one is for sure.
The picture above is of our very first live tree this year.

No comments: