Sunday, December 29, 2013

Holiday Organization

Merry Christmas! Well, a few days ago anyways. Now that the holidays are over it is time to pack up all the pretty decor for next year. The first few days after Christmas I spend hitting up several stores to find great deals on wrapping paper, boxes, general decor, and some gifts for holidays in the next few months. This year I got 50 cent rolls of wrapping paper, I paid $5.25 for 30 pretty gift boxes, and unsure of how many or how much I spent on plain ones. We do gift boxes for adults when possible, because we tie closed with curling ribbon, and reuse the boxes each year, saving money and the environment. I got a few cute ornaments to add to our collection and a new star for the tree for only $5.

The tote pictured above is a new addition to our storage. A key factor in my opinion. No matter how we stored our wrapping paper it always got squished. Always. So we got three of these nice containers with clip on lids. The one pictured has roughly 30 rolls of wrapping paper in it, and I think I could squeeze a couple more in. I have another about half full of misc holiday wrap, like for birthdays. 



This year we expanded from one tote of lights to two totes! I got some cute lighted garland for sale. This year I also printed off labels from my computer to show the holiday and the contents.


We actually have 3 of these smaller totes full of ornaments. Most of them are plastic, but some are still glass. Keeping them in smaller containers like this we don't use any wrap or padding, and they don't get broken. Plus since the totes say ornaments on them, people know to handle them carefully.


Another new addition this year was this card tote I got at Meijers. It was only $6. I labeled the top and front, and it worth the money already. I found random partial packs the cards all over in the Christmas decor. I was able to throw away all those packs, saving space, and easily find them all in one space.


We own a lot of just random decor too. Things such as stockings, stocking hooks, wall hangings, tree skirts, glass figurines, lawn decor, rugs, and place mats. So total we have two of these larger totes full.

Sadly, although everything you see is all organized, and ready to be put away for another year, I am positive there is more Christmas decor hidden in my storage unit, just waiting to be discovered. 



No comments: