Sunday, December 27, 2009

Feeling Pretty!

Well, I know my mom is going to love this post, because most of it is about the stuff she bought me for Christmas. Today I decided I would try out the make-up and stuff she bought me. First off I was addicted to some make-up when I was younger, but kind of grew out of wearing it on a regular basis. I think that is mostly because I developed a kind of allergy to it. Mostly I think it is because I wore the cheap stuff. I mean when I was a kid I mostly wore Avon, which isn't too bad. When I moved out on my own, I in no way could afford to pay ten bucks for mascara! So I eventually stopped wearing it all together. Not that it was a bad thing, because during that time I really learned to love how I look naturally. Which being able to accept yourself as you are is very important. Anyways, my mom has discovered a really awesome way to get make-up cheaply from Walgreens. So for Christmas she got me a nice make-up bag and tons of quality make-up that is mostly nourishing or hypoallergenic.

Okay, first off today I wore Rimmel eye liner. Which was really awesome, because it goes on smoothly, and I don't have to press very hard. My eyes are a little sensitive. Then I wore Almay one coat nourishing mascara. This is a great product because I even took a nap wearing it, and it doesn't do that thing were it gets your lashes all crunchy and itchy. I tried out some of the eye shadow, it was Markwins, a nice bronze color. Which the lipstick was the same brand. I loved the color because it was a nice auburn that had a slight glitter to it.

Now my biggest issue is finding cover up that works, doesn't itch, and doesn't come off with the slightest touch. Today I tried out the Cover Girl Aqua smooth mom got me. You use a small sponge and rub it onto trouble areas. It blends really nice and I couldn't even tell I was wearing it.

Honestly, if I had to go out and buy all this off the shelf full price I would say she could have easily spent two to three hundred dollars on the make-up. The stuff I mentioned above is only a couple of the things in the bag she got me. I have several different types of cover up, mascara, lipstick, eye shadow, and eye liner. She also got me some gentle makeup remover. I also use cleansing pads on my face so it stays more clear.

Trust me, I never thought I would see the day I would write an entire blog post about make-up, but honestly I went out today and felt pretty. It made me feel more confident to know that I didn't just look ok, I looked really good. Confidence is key to happiness and success in life.

1 comment:

Paula Mills said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your make-up! Everyone needs that little pick me up from time to time! Have fun!