Thursday, June 09, 2011

Vacuum Cleaners

I'm so happy I finally have a Kirby vacuum cleaner. They are so awesome. Mines an older model, a Heritage II. It still runs like a champ. I tested it on a large and very dirty rug at my house to see how well it would do. I did half the rug with my Kirby and the other half with my Eureka. My Eureka vacuum isn't cheap either, I bought it a few years ago for around $170. That's the most I have ever paid for a vacuum. I have taken it apart many times to clean and maintence it. It has been a great vacuum to me. Then the Kirby came along and killed its reputation!  When done side by side the end effect it nearly the same, but with my Eureka to get that quality I had to go over the area 2 or 3 times. Where as with the Kirby only one swipe through made the rug look new again.
So is the life of my Eureka doomed? Nope, not at all. I didn't get any accessories with my Kirby, so all the hosing goes to Eureka. I did vacuum the entire house with my Kirby and the only real down side is it is the older model before the transmission was introduced, so pushing the heavy thing around had me in a serious sweat!  Good thing I need the exercise. So now I'm off to buy vacuum bags!

No comments: