Thursday, November 10, 2011

Arts and Crafts

I love to do crafts, and I have always considered myself an artist. I love doing various crafts such as sewing, knitting, drawing, painting, and just plain creating. One of my favorite things to do is make ATC's. ATC's are Artist Trading Cards. They are basically a form of mini art for you to share. You don't sell them, you just trade them with other artists. The pictures below are examples of three different cards I have made in the past. The top one I used stamps and a sticker with a neat background, the the one with the Christmas tree I hand painted, and the dragon one is a cutout from a magazine that I pasted and added glitter and pen to the background. I have see many different ones in my time trading them and I truly enjoy doing it. Right now I am doing a personal challenge with ATC's. I am doing a card for each letter of the alphabet in zentangle style. If you have never heard of zentangle I highly suggest you take a moment check it out on google here. So far I have gotten the first 6 letter of the alphabet done and I am working on three more. I do three at once because the designs take a long time and I can easily switch back and forth between the cards as I run into artist dead ends.



If anyone is interested in trading these cards or other swaps, please check out Swap-Bot, it is a great and fun site. Also I would be glad to help any new members!

No comments: