Saturday, November 12, 2011

Key Art

I saw the coolest picture on the show 3rd Rock from the Sun. It was a neat framed photo with dozens of real keys attached. So I have been gathering keys for most of this year, and I am excited to make some key art very very soon. I have googled some pictures below of other neat key art ideas. I love the idea of taking everyday objects and making them into recycled art. Like I want to use old bowling balls as lawn ornaments and making a privacy fence out of old doors. So there is no end to the possibilities when it comes to recycling things. I also have a ton of broken jewelry and pieces that I plan on making into unique art as well.
**I do not own and I did not create any of the images below.






1 comment:

Linda Schafer said...

David is a locksmith so I have quite a bit of "key art" in our living room. Yes, the fish theme is gone....all keys and any pictures with the word "HOPE" on them. Dark chocolate walls and white frames. Also have a lot of my wooden bowls displayed. And in my basement must be at least 15-20 bowling balls as I also want to do the yard art. We always were into the same type stuff! Except the pregno part....been there, done that. Hope things work out for you well in that department. I know how desperately you want one of your own. Thank care, friend!