Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Button Art


So my art  project for the day has been button art! I have a large supply of buttons at home that I have gathered over time. It is easy to gather a surplus of buttons over time if you pick them up when you see them cheap. I often get mine in thrift stores for large stashes of them, or even find random ones as I got through jewelry and junk drawers. I recently saw some really neat ideas of ways to use buttons as art on Pinterest. The first picture below is very similar to the project I am doing now.

The project I am doing now is in progress, so I will be posting pictures of it on my facebook when it is done. It is using a red back ground with navy blue buttons to make a heart and white buttons surrounding it. I should have probably read some tutorials online on how to make gluing it down easier, because I am doing it all by hand, and there are at least 200 buttons on there!

Now this picture they have sewn on the buttons, which also is a neat concept, especially if they went and put a photo in the center. That would be a amazing frame!

This last photo here I really like and have seen several variations of this. I actually eventually want to do one similar to this, only in fall colors. Then I have seen this done in all seasons, like a photo transition. Plus brown buttons seem to be a color that is very easy to come by.

1 comment:

Linda Schafer said...

Look for unusual and colorful buttons on cheap articles of clothing at garage sales and thrift stores. Sometimes the buttons are worth more than the actual item itself. Love the pics!!