Sunday, December 18, 2011

Gaming Addictions

I am super addicted to certain games. My favorite computer game is Sims3.





First off with the Sims. I have been playing sims since nearly the beginning of their creation. The first one I ever played was for the PS2, and totally started my addiction. I purchased the entire collection of Sims2 for the PC. I absolutely loved the entire set. Something about being able to start a relationship, have a dream wedding, and run your own business is just fun and amazing. Plus all the tools the game provides you with you can design your own home any way you want.
Then EA came out with the Sim3, which I of course preordered! It enabled you to fully interact with your entire town and not be trapped at a certain location. It also installed a continuous time line, this way as your life changed, the world around you actually changed too. So for the first time, your neighbor could have a baby, or die in a fire. Did I mention that Sims is a great way to relieve stress? Make a Sim that looks like some one you hate, then lock them in a room you set on fire! Sadistic?

 Maybe, but if you own Sims long enough, you find yourself doing all kinds of weird things. Like I once had a black widow Sim, she would marry a man, which added his money to the house, then have a kid with him and then kill him. Which turned out really interesting at night, because I had her keep the graves at home, and the ghosts of all her ex's haunted her!  Also other gamers have come up with challenges for other players. These challenges have certain sets of rules that the player must follow, and get a certain amount of points for each goal they accomplish. Some gamers have even set up sites where you can compare your score and story with others! While some Simmers blog their story line, telling about their sims unique lives through daily or weekly blog posts with pictures, almost like children's story books. So when it comes to Sims there is such a variety of things you can do once you start playing.

No comments: