Thursday, July 26, 2012

In Birth and in Death

I has taken me a week, but I am finally ready to share. I received this card in the mail yesterday from the vets office, and I waited all day to open it because I knew the pain it would bring. When I opened it and found what they had included inside, they gave me something that I would cherish.
Below is the front of the card.

The next image is the inside of the card.

Then this is the back.

Below is what they included with the card, which is a wonderful gift. Cami lost her daughter on the way to the vet. She held on as long as she could, but didn't survive being stuck in the birth canal. They offered to cremate the baby for free, and spread her ashes with other pets in their cemetery. In their card they had taken her paw print, and sent it to me. This is by far the sweetest thing a vets office has ever done for me.

I did take a few photos of the baby before we reached the vet. I think this one shows her best. She would have looked just like her mommy, but would have been huge like her daddy.

We did receive one small blessing. Her little brother was born first, because he was smaller. He was very tiny and a beautiful grey color.

So even though we mourn the loss of his sister, we were blessed with one beautiful healthy baby boy. He is very well taken care of by his mother, and adored by his father.

1 comment:

Panda said...

WOW! I know I would NEVER use your service since you used my heartfelt blog post to advertise. I hope your company goes to hell.