Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pinterest

Pinterest. The first time I heard the word I was mostly confused. The first person who told me about it made it sound like eh. So did I get into the Pinterest craze right away? No, not really. The main reason being I had no concept of what it really was. Pinterest is a private community for the creative. Or I should say that is what it is for me. It is a gathering place for ideas and concepts. Want to learn how to knit? Start at Pinterest. I guarantee they will have suggestions for buying the cheapest supplies, how to do it, and a pattern for anything you could want. Want to share your fashion sense? Start a board for it. All ideas are gathered in the form of boards. Similar to the idea of pinning a picture to a bulletin board. Other people can come along and pin your picture to their board so they can use it later. I have a board just for a Wishlist. So if I ever had a friend who wanted to shop for me, I can always refer them to my Wishlist for helpful ideas. I also have one to keep all my wedding ideas together and one for crafts I want to make. I learned to decoupage from links I found on Pinterest! Pinterest is a exclusive community so you must be referred or approved to join first. I was very lucky to have a facebook friend who was able to refer me. Below are just a few of the neat ideas I have used off Pinterest in my home!



 Above: This is the condiments drawer in my fridge. I hated fishing around for what I wanted so I often never used them at all. I went to Target and for 88 cents each got these little plastic trays that fit right in the drawer. I sorted out what we had and now it is easy to find what we need right away!



Above: This is most of the ribbon I own. With Chris's help we built me a productive display that hangs from the ceiling so that I can pull off any amount that I want of ribbon or I can easily remove the rod and pull the roll off itself. It is also very light weight. This cost me about $6 to make.

Above: I found this idea to be brilliant. We originally had our batteries every where. Then we had narrowed them down to a drawer. Well they still rolled around every where and we never knew if we had very many of one type, etc. Well, now we put them in a small tackle type box that I paid a $1 for at a auction. Now the batteries are always sorted and I know when we are low on one size or another so I can keep it stocked!

No comments: