Thursday, November 08, 2012

Waiting Room

**Please note this is  a old post I wrote from my phone and have now decided to publish, enjoy!

Sitting in a hospital waiting room gives you a lot of think about things. I don't even mean regular things either. Sitting for an hour and half I came accross many topics such as college, where my life would be if I had made different choices, children, christmas and all the in between. I guess to say I am pretty happy in life. This isn't where I planned to be. When I was in middle school I started dreaming of life as a lawyer, and going to a state college. Nothing thrilled me more then the idea of carrying a large stack of books accross campus and attending classes. Then as I came into high school I wanted to become a psychiatrist. I wanted to help people solve their problems. Through out high school art classes opened my eyes to my passion for art and I guess you would call it recycling? I found my talent to reuse objects and make new things from old. I also found my love of sales. I knew then I wanted to go to college for sales and marketing. My life long goal started taking shape at this point. First it was a thought in the back of my mind, then slowly it became a idea. I wanted to start my own thrift store. As years passed I picked up more and more ideas to add to it. I didn't want any store, I wanted to help people. When I started my plan it was all about keeping good items out of our landfills and making some money. It came to me that I could donate materials donated to local schools for their art programs, and tech schools for engine repair training programs and such. I could also take portions of profits to donate to charity.

No comments: