Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Heart Beat

Today Justin and I went in to get my first ultrasound done for my pregnancy. I have been so sick. Since I found out around Novemeber 15th I have had a variety of illness issues. First everything was coming out too fast down stairs, then everything decided to just come back upstairs. It is really starting to feel like I can't win. But the nurse at the prenatal clinic was able to prescribe me some medication I can safely take to help with the nasua and vomiting. The only problem is it gives me headaches and makes me light headed. So it has been a hard road so far. As I said before we went in for my first ultrasound today. I have never had one before but had a general idea of what to expect thanks to TV shows.  The lady who did it was a pro and found the baby in 3 seonds flat. He or She was beautiful. Right now the baby kinda looks like a doll with no fingers or toes, and I got to see the baby move a little and hear the heart beat. I think it all settled in and was finally real to me then. I have a healthy baby gorwing inside me and this is something I thought would never happen. I am 8 weeks along and my little one is due July 8th. I am going to pick up a journel at Walmart so I can start writing down my thoughts. Nothing has made me feel more complete then when Justin was sitting there holding my hand and we looked at the pictures of our baby. Life is never perfect but what we do get is amazing.

No comments: