Sunday, October 05, 2008

WHY ARE THERE HAMSTERS IN MY CHEESE???

OMG.
I recently discovered that to make cheese, they have to put these little rodents called rennets in the cheese. They are bred and raised, just to be ground up, minced, diced, or whatever and put into YOUR CHEESE!!! I never knew this, until my mom was talking to me about making some cheese at home and she started talking about ordering some rennets. I didn't believe her, so she had me pull up the website to save the rennets. The site is: http://www.savetherennets.com/
These things I swear look just like HAMSTERS!! I am just a little shocked at this. The site explains that they produce a key chemical in the manufacturing of cheeses. There are ways to make a vegetarian cheese, which are fairly simple. The site also sells t-shirts, bags, and stickers. This is just weird, but kinda cool that people care about these little guys.

No comments: