Friday, October 04, 2013

Diapers!


If you have no guessed by the picture yet, this post is about diapers! I know, very exciting right?

Well, as a first time Mom, I have been thrown into the wide world of diapers. At first all the shiny packages show equal promise of butt coverage. But as you can see above all brands are a little different. So here are the current 5 brands in my home!

Number One
Target Brand Diapers
I was recommended these through a family member. The cost is only slightly more then the cheapest diapers, which are WalMarts Parents Choice Diapers. These run bigger. All the diapers pictured above are size ONE diapers. So these offer more coverage overall. Also when they get wet they don't seem to get puffy like normal diapers do. So far these are the only diapers I have ever seen not get puffy when wet. They also feature the color changing stripe when wet.

Number Two
Pampers
I happen to get these on sale. Over all a good diaper, that I have not had any issues with. The second largest diaper really. Being a name brand diaper, they are more on the expensive side as well.

Number Three
Huggies
Now with Huggies I bought a ton on sale and they have given me issues. They have a strong tendency to leak out the top if they are not put on super tight. Keep in mind I do have a boy, and this may not be the issue with a girl. Also if left on for extended wear, they kinda pill up on the outside. This doesn't cause any actual problems, but I guess it may under extreme circumstances. I have a bunch of them, and I intend on using them, we just have to put them on a little extra tight.

Number Four
Luvs
Now Luvs have worked well for us, but I do recommend them if you have a longer thinner baby. These diapers are smaller, but longer. They also have really great stretch around the legs so that it fits well down there. 

Number Five
Comforts
Comforts are sold at Kroger, and I am not sure if they are only sold there. But they were given to me at my baby shower and I love them. The product is true to its name and it is a very comfortable diaper that has never given us a problem. These are also a medium cost diaper, a little more then store brand, but much less then name brand. These also run the smallest in comparison to the other diapers listed here. 

Now I know I didn't list Parents Choice Diapers here, because I didn't have one on hand to picture. These are great quality diapers, and as far as I have found the cheapest. I use these as a default diaper, unless I am given or buy another brand on sale.

2 comments:

April Anderson said...

I read your post and very educational...If I spelled that right...lol

Michelle said...

I heard about the target brand but never tired them yet. I think next time I get diapers I'll give them a try. Parents Choice diapers and the dollar general diapers have to be the worst diapers I've ever tired. The felt like paper and leak like crazy.