Tuesday, October 08, 2013

My Top Five Baby Items

I think every parent uses different things on their babies, and even from baby to baby. I use stuff now that wasn't around when I was a baby and I will probably use different things on my next baby. For now though I do have my top five baby items I have used with Aries and loved. Now these are not in any certain order.
First: Baby Swaddlers
Swaddlers are blankets you can buy that have velcro so you can easily wrap them snuggly around the baby. This one in the picture was the first one we had, given to me by my amazing friend Linda. Kim, Aries's Grandma, went out and bought him more once we realized how much he loved them. He would flail his arms and wake himself up, so once wrapped nice and snug he slept great. He has outgrown them now that he is 3 months old, but they were a HUGE help at the time!
Second is Our Portable Co-Sleeper
This is considered a co-sleeper bed because you can actually put it in bed with you. He is still using this bed now. It was a great purchase because it made it really easy to move him from room to room depending on where we needed him to sleep at night or during the day. It also folds up for easy storage and transportation. In the picture below it is on a standard microwave stand. We have had it on the floor and on our couch. This piece will be used for our next baby for sure.
Number Three is Nuk Orthodontic Bottles
These were a fairly expensive purchase, but well worth it. Because of the orthodontic nipples Aries was able to get easier and better suction, and I don't have to worry about the effect the bottle will have on the development of his teeth. They also have a great air release system so he swallows as little air as possible. We are still using the smaller bottles on him as well.

Number Four: Bath Seat
My friend Blair gave me the most awesome bath seat ever. I have used this bath seat since he was able to take baths. At first he wasn't a fan of baths at all. Now that he is older he loves them and the water. He takes advantage of the way the seat is made and slides down in it so he can splash and kick more. I see him using this for quiet a bit longer as well.

Number Five YouTube
Okay, I know this one isn't exactly a baby product, but if it were not for YouTube we would have had to invest money in baby music CD's or something. Aries is a noise baby, he just does not sleep well without sound. So for the longest time we would search up videos of baby lullibies. Then we decided we needed a set song list, and made one. So every night we turn on Aries bedtime music and he knows it is time to sleep. If he sleeps during the day he listens to different music or the TV while he sleeps. Thanks YouTube!





No comments: