Tuesday, June 24, 2008

In Home Paternity Tests

Well, last night at work we were all talking about those shows like Jerry Springer, where the parents are always wanting to know, who is my babies daddy. I remembered a news article I read once about in home tests and such. So I looked up a little information on the subject. I found this site for GeneSys Biotech and they offer affordable paternity testing. It is really neat because they send you the test kit free of charge and then you send in the samples. If you want the results it costs $165.00, but if you want to take the samples and wait to pay they will hold your results for 90 days. Which is neat, almost like a payment plan. The site is really informative and tells how they can even do the test before the baby is born! The only catch with these tests is all you get is answers, because it is not a court ordered test. For it to be used in court it would have to be court ordered. But you wouldn't have to waste the big money on a 50/50 chance. To take the test they prefer it be the child, mother, and father. But it says on the site it is just as accurate with just one parent and child. Also you can even take a grandparent test, were both grandparents on one side send in samples and it tells if you are genetically related! But I really thought this was a neat subject and here is a link to the site itself:
http://www.paternity-answers.com/
I thought the site was pretty informational. Plus it does offer legal and non-legal testing. Lol, I wonder if they do dogs....

No comments: