Friday, June 20, 2008

Ohio and South Carolina

Well, since I have lived other places in my life, I really was curious, what kinda crazy laws was I subjected to. So first off, my home state.
OHIO
1.Women are prohibited from wearing patent leather shoes in public.
2.It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday.(I would hope so, where in the heck are you going to find a whale in Ohio??)
3.It is illegal to get a fish drunk.(Well, I think that may take some of the fun out of it.)
4.The Ohio driver’s education manual states that you must honk the horn whenever you pass another car.
5.Participating or conducting a duel is prohibited.
6.It is illegal for more than five women to live in a house.(That explains why there are a lot less mexicans there.)
7.It is illegal to mistreat anything of great importance.(I wonder who it has to be important to.)
Then, Laws just for certain towns.
Akron
**It is illegal to display colored chickens for sale.
**No person shall solicit sex from another of the same gender if it offends the second person.
**Skateboarding in the city limits after dark is prohibited.
**Posting signs at swimming pools is illegal.
Bay Village:
**It is illegal to walk a cow down Lake Road.(Damn! How am I gonna get this cow home??)
Bexley:
**Ordinance number 223, of 09/09/19 prohibits the installation and usage of slot machines in outhouses.(But I multitask really well!!)
Canton:
**Electric fences are banned.
**If one loses their pet tiger, they must notify the authorities within one hour.(Umm...if my neighbor loses their pet tiger, they need to tell me immediately!)
**Power Wheels cars may not be driven down the street.(Well, there went saving money on gas!)
South Carolina
Ok, these are pretty wild. I have to say, they may out do the the others by far!
1.By law, if a man promises to marry an unmarried woman, the marriage must take place.
2.Fortune tellers are required to obtain a special permit from the state.
3.Dance halls may not operate on Sundays.
4.No work may be done on Sunday.
5.It is considered an offense to get a tattoo
6.Horses may not be kept in bathtubs.
7.A permit must be obtained to fire a missile.
8.It is illegal to give or receive oral sex in South Carolina.
9.When approaching a four way or blind intersection in a non-horse driven vehicle you must stop 100 ft from the intersection and discharge a firearm into the air to warn horse traffic.
10.It is perfectly legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.
11.Every adult male must bring a rifle to church on Sunday in order to ward off Indian attacks.
12.It is a capital offense to inadvertently kill someone while attempting suicide.
13.A person must be eighteen years old to play a pinball machine.
Yeah, that is shocking and hilarious all at once. I think I may have broken a few laws in my life time!!

No comments: