Sunday, September 30, 2007

Puppy Mills

Well today I learned about puppy mills. I went and visited this wonderful lady who has four adorable puppies for sale. They are all sweet and healthy. They were happy and allowed to run freely in her kitchen. I was able to pet and play with them. I fell in love with one, and might be going back to get her. Then we went to this guys house and it was just horrible. There were all these different breeds of puppies all in cages stacked up. The dog I went to see was so scrawny and sickly looking. I almost wanted to adopted him just to get him out of that bad place! They were all dirty and starved for attention. I felt so bad. I am going to find some way to report him so those puppies won't suffer anymore. There was this one puppy that all its siblings were over 3 times it's size!! I felt so bad.
The rest of my day went pretty good. I got a call just in time from my friend Linda, who's friend knows a person who is having puppies. So I am waiting to hear from them. I hope it is good news, because the other puppy is going to cost me $300.00!! That is a lot for a dog. I have bought a car for less before! But I guess we will see. I hope I get a call while I am over at my moms.
I am getting so excited about the house. Only 12 days until we get to move in!! I will have to start making calls next week about getting the electric and water turned on in my name. Oh, and something awesome is Hy-Vee is doing this thing, if my church brings in $1,500 in Hy-Vee receipts, then they will donate $1,000 to the people who help with heating aid in the winter! So I am keeping tabs on my Hy-Vee receipts. I will also be volunteering at my church with the Angel Food Ministry. Which is a program you don't have to qualify for, you just buy these $25 food packages, and the packages actually range from $50 in value up to $100 in value. It is a great deal on meats, and they have nice packages of meals for the elderly. It is a awesome program!

No comments: