Monday, October 01, 2007

Fall

This post is inspired by my friend Linda. She was starting to feel a little down, so I told her some of the things that cheer me up.
When I was out of state, I was in a place that wasn't pretty. Or enjoyable.

But now I am in Iowa. I love it here. It is beautiful. The way the leaves change to different colors of golden brown and red oranges. Each tree on it's own time and schedule. It is so beautiful to see the leaves fall one by one and be swept away by the wind. I drive past the elementary school as it lets out and kids run and jump and play in the leaves. The breeze is crisp and cool. Then it rained today, and it was cold and dreary for a bit. Then after the rain is that fresh smell that only nature can provide. Everything washed clean, fresh and new.
I am so thankful for these things, because once you don't have them, you miss the beauty. I missed enjoying this season. I love Halloween and the weather.
I picked up Holden and Mickey from school the other day, and Holden points out the window all excited and says"Look Panda! Half that tree has red leaves and the other half is still green!"
He is eight years old, and I am so glad he can see how amazing that is.
This is my home and I love it here.

No comments: